Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Real Salt Lake


This past weekend I went to a Real Soccer game. I got invited last minute by my friend Andrew. We also went with his friends Missy and Daniel. I didn't know much about soccer. I didn't know it was split into two 45 minute parts and they keep the clock running constantly, and I didn't know many of the rules. Luckily Andrew explained most of this to me and I have since gained respect for the game.
We had pretty decent seats, row 20, considering we got the tickets for free. This was the sold out game of the season; although, it was kids night. Apparently all kids got in for free or cheap or something. Seriously, tons of kids everywhere. There was a little girl's soccer team sitting in front of me the whole time. And of course their fanatic soccer coach with them, who still wishes he was in the game. The girls were either chanting Real or singing Hannah Montana songs. It got old quick, but I tried to pay attention to the game. It was actually quite interesting.
We played the Kansas Wizards. (their small section of fans sure did have some spirit. They must've brought a smoke machine, I thought they were on fire until the smoke kept going the whole second half and no seemed to care.) We lost 2 - 0, but made a valiant effort. We almost made three goals, but unfortunately they like kicking it at the posts instead of the goal. No, I'm sure the Wizards were just great competitors. It was a very interesting game to watch. It is amazing to me how fast they can run, and I loved seeing the ball fly across the field. Its quite a long distance. And they can kick and hit it with incredible accuracy. Aren't athletes amazing. I have a new deep respect for soccer.

1 comment:

  1. dude that sounds like so much fun! you should totally explain the game to me now, so i can understand it haha

    ReplyDelete