Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Live in the Moment

First off, I have missed blogging. I've become too busy for it. I've recently been reading others blogs and I've realized that I can always have time to blog, even the most simple thought can be turned into a post and that would be fulfilling to me. So I am determined to blog much more often.

Live in the moment. That's some of the best advice I could give. Its hard, and I'm definitely a hypocrite. I wold love to say that I always thoroughly enjoy the moment I'm in, but its so easy to start thinking about the next thing I have to do. I have most recently been studying for finals, which are next week. I am also planning my wedding which is in six weeks. If you don't look forward then you fail at life. That's not the point. The trick to living in the moment is enjoying whatever you are doing right then. Take it in, get the most out of it. Stop wishing to move onto the next step.

Now for instance, I'm writing this blog and I'm loving just letting my thoughts flow and not worrying about the next thing I have to do. I'm not dreading studying. And hopefully when I start studying again I can get the most out that. I can put all my energy into it so I can retain the most information I can (which would be very beneficial).

One of the problems that I have is if I get upset about something, I hold it in and take that anger with me everywhere I go. I don't always show it, (well I try not to show it but I probably do) but I can't enjoy what I've doing until I let go of my frustration. I'll be mad and not have a good attitude even if I'm doing something I normally really enjoy. I need to either deal my problem right then or set it to the side until I can deal with it so I can enjoy what I'm doing. The latter normally doesn't work so I should just deal with it in the moment. Eh, what can I do?

I've seen too many times when people get caught up in the next thing they have to do to or look forward to something so far away that they aren't enjoying what they are doing right then. I could continually stress about finals, or planning my wedding or get excited about living with best friend or moving out of state or having babies. The anticipation for those things is very important but I can't forget about what I'm doing now. And right now I'm enjoying giving my mind a break and relaxing.

And I'm loving it!

"Live in the moment and make it so beautiful that it will be worth remembering."
-Fanny Crosby

2 comments: