Saturday, April 4, 2009

DAVID ARCHULETA!!



I went to a David Archuleta concert last week with my friend Kate. Loved it! I had only been to one other concert, and that was Alan Jackson. That one was out doors, this one was indoors. That made a difference to me. In the enclosed area with an incredible sound system, I could feel my heart jumping along with the bass. I don't think thats very natural, but I sort of enjoyed the feeling. I thought that my voice would've hurt from screaming, but rather my ears did. You wouldn't believe how loud the shrills were from the thousands of girls. They did more damage than the music, but the sore eardrums were well worth it. I loved the concert.

Now of course I love David, he's amazing, but his first opening act, Benton Paul, was phenomonal. (yeah, there were two opening acts. The second one, some girl with a weird name and weird voice, was not enjoyable. Granted we were all anxious for Archie). Seriously, I could've listened to Benton all night. I loved his voice, lyrics, style, face, everything. I was more excited to meet him after the concert than David (I didn't meet either of them, but I wanted to).

So after about an hour and a half (the opening acts) David finally came out! Boy, did those girls go crazy. I would've plugged my ears, but that would've looked stupid. I didn't know many of his songs, except Crush. I realized that its more fun when you know the songs. I probably enjoyed the last fifteen minutes the most when he sang Crush and his own version of other popular ones like A thousand Miles by Vanessa Carlton, which of course he played on the piano quite beautifully.

David is probably the nicest, cutest kid I've ever seen. He thanked us for coming to his concert after just about every song. And he made clear just how excited he was to be performing his last concert of the tour in his home town. He sure does love us. Thanks David! He even took of picture himself with us. Apparently he does this at every concert and is going to scrapbook the pictures? Not sure, but heck he can do whatever he wants with it, he's David Archuleta.

2 comments:

  1. Grace, did you know I'm a HUGE fan of Benton Paul. I got to all his concerts. Crazy huh? He is awesome. I almost went to this concert just for Benton Favorite song: Look for the Light. I also like Paris. I had no idea you went to this!!! Why must you hide these things from me? You met him? Guess what, I've taken a pee next to him...yes, we're that close. I have his CD, I should burn you a copy...totally, done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. yes. we had a grand ol' time. i think that next time he comes to town, we should go on a date with him! lol...yeah thats not even funny. but it was truly fun

    ReplyDelete