Saturday, April 25, 2009

Thank you for calling Massage Envy, Not Carl's Jr.

I work at Massage Envy. Its a great job, can't complain...well I could and I will, but only about one thing. It is one of my responsibilities to answer the phone. I answer the same way every time, "Thank you for calling Massage Envy in West Jordan, this is Grace." (except one time I forgot I was at work and just said "Hello" and the conversation was kind of awkward after that). So we occasionally get calls from people who think they're calling Carl's Jr. Their number is listed as ours in the directory. Its quite annoying. Obviously people do not listen to the introduction we give when we answer the phone, or else they would know that we are not the ones who messed up their order. We just do massage. You wouldn't believe how many calls we get telling us they just went through our drive thru and are upset with what they got. I've had people carry on for several minutes yelling at us for the bad service or food or whatever. Of course I tried stopping them, I don't like listening to them complain, but they were quite persistent. Once I am able to tell them that they have to wrong number, they are usually embarrassed, and either apologize or just hang up.

All these calls are complaints, but wouldn't it be nice if someone did call to say thank you for the delicious Six Dollar Burger they received. Not going to happen. I feel bad for who ever answers the phones at Carl's Jr. They actually have to deal with these angry people. As for me I let them vent some of their frustration and after they've hung up, just laugh.

1 comment:

  1. You should tell them that the next time they come in that "Angie" or "Steve" or "Some other made up name" told them they could get a free meal...

    ReplyDelete