Friday, April 3, 2009

The Po-Po have got it in for me

I'm driving down the street just humming to the radio when I notice a white Dodge Charger hiding in a neighborhood. I quickly hit my breaks, trying to slow down to the correct speed, but its too late. The red and blue lights start flashing, I curse under my breath and pull to the side of the road. The officer slowly walks up as I roll down my window. He then asks, "Do you know why I pulled you over?"

I hate that question. Yes, I know why I was pulled over, must've been doing something illegal(speeding in my case). Lets get on with this. After taking my licence and registration he looks at my file for what seems like hours. Lets be quick about it, I was speeding because I'm trying to get somewhere (and I also like going fast). Finally he brings it back, hands me the ticket and asks if I have any questions. Whether I do or not I'm not asking. I just want to leave, I've been here long enough. I pull onto the road carefully and with my blinker of course, hoping to never go through that again.

Those coppers have got me 4 times, 3 of those I got tickets, luckily 1 was a non-moving violation. Yes, 3 tickets within 1 year. Its not a good record. And they won't even let me go to traffic school to clear it. The first two times I felt like such a bad person, getting caught by the authorities. The last two times, I just brushed it off. No biggie. I just hate paying those darn tickets. But I have resolved to driving more carefully. I'll have to, if I don't want my licence suspended.

2 comments:

  1. Grace?!?! I did not know this...look at you being all rebellious. I'll admit, my first year or two driving I racked up 4 tickets, but I'm going on 2 and a half years clean now. Slow down...it's not worth it. Loved the line, "with my blinker on of course" cuz it's so true. You always make sure you're doing nothing wrong as you pull away.

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol as i slowly roll down your window! im sorry i couldn't resist! it was so creepy and funny! good story line though

    ReplyDelete